Thursday, June 11, 2009

Donda esta el rio?

On Saturday, I went to the river with my family and some of my host dad’s friends. We were suppose to leave at 6 am, so of course we left about 6:30. When it was time to go, I hopped on the back of my host dad’s motorcycle and we were on our way. That’s right! My first motorcycle gang… Mom aren’t you proud!
The river was TWO HOURS away, but it was worth it. We had two mountain ranges in our way and it was so beautiful. Getting up the first mountain range was tough, but going down was my favorite part. They turned off their engines and let gravity do the work. Then it’s just you in the air, with the sun, seeing postcard worthy landscapes, and beautiful people wiz by.
After that mountain range we went through a huge valley, eventually turned onto a dirt road, and I thought we’d be there in no time. But, no, no, silly me there was still another mountain range to cross.
We finally got there and had a blast. The river was in the mountains so it was freezing cold but after a while I finally got used to it. Here’s some pics:






They loved their pictures!

No comments: