Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mi Sitio...

The long wait is finally OVER! Tuesday May 5 I finally found out I will be going to:
Estero Hondo in Puerto Plata
to serve in the Peace Corps from May 13th 2009 to May 13th 2011.

I just got back from my site visit. Basically I got to know my project partner, see where the town is and how to get there, drop half of my stuff there (that way I don’t have to carry everything in one trip), and start building confianza.
Confianza – Confianza directly means confidence in Spanish, but here it means a whole lot more. It is like respectable, serious, good person, etc. rolled into one. If you don’t have confianza in your site you don’t have anything.

I have final tests on Monday, workshops on Tuesday, then Wednesday, May 13th is the big day of Swearing-In as a Peace Corps Volunteer!!!

1 comment:

Phobilious said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.